Tuesday 26 June 2012

A mixed bag


It looks as though it is bad news for me it's very likely that I am going to be made redundant. I wasn't sure if I would go back after my maternity leave but it looks as though that decision has been made for me. I have been designing kitchens for a well known DIY store for ten years. The last year was difficult as I was part- time and pregnant again. After my first baby they took an a full timer and he turned out to be a bit of a bully. I didn't get on well and earnt a lot less money than previous years as some of my wage is commission based. So in a way I am relieved because I hated working with him but a little sad as I really did enjoy myself in my job, I am not a pushy salesperson and my customers liked that. So I need to save as much money as I can until I get a new job.

I always try to save money where I can but it will be even more important now and if it is Eco friendly all the better. We are using cloth nappies again she has the cutest little bottom and its better for her and the environment too. This is my current favourite nappy so squishy and cute.

We have been selling loads on eBay recently things just hanging around that we never used. Hopefully this will be enough to pay for our summer caravanning holiday in France with my sister, boyfriend and my niece. The kids love camping and caravanning as I did when I was little. They love being outside. All weather dependant of course. We had to abandon a picnic this week because we didn't realise how windy it was. The sand was wipping up lashing us and it was freezing. We stayed for half an hour then hastily retreated back to the car with our sand filled sandwiches.



I need to resist going to the bootsale I always see things I just can't live without. Last week we found this toy kitchen,

The week before this old doll house,

This week it was old wooden blocks and a children's tea set. I can't resist a old traditional toy. I really would love a Mary Poppin's style nursery. The OH groans when I see something I like he knows he will be dragging it back to the car and trying to squeeze it in.


I have big plans for the toy kitchen and dolls house. I love the one on mousehouse blog. Isn't it amazing. Mine won't be quite so amazing, I can't believe the detail she has gone to. I was thinking a new carpet, new wall paper and maybe paint the furniture.


I thought i would show you what my studio looks like these days. It is still not finished but it's half painted it has electrics and the lights are in and working. I love it and can't wait to move in but I have a feeling it will be a while yet. Maybe I will work from here one day. I have dreams of using it as a studio where I could teach jam making, bread making, crochet and art classes if only I knew everything about these things and could teach. It's just a dream.
x x x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed finding your blog and have lost myself reading through your posts . All the very , very best with finding a new job . I hope it doesn't take long and is just what you want x

Chloe grice said...

I had a similar situation with my last job when I got pregnant with my eldest daughter: everything got quite nasty and in hindsight I realise that I was pretty much pushed out, but at the time it was very painful as I had enjoyed my job up until then... I think a lot of women struggle with their employment once they get pregnant, regardless of how employers ought to support them.

On to brighter pastures I'm sure! :-)